Ceud Mìle Fàilte

“Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better." - Andre Gide

"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." -Winston Churchill

"A man paints with his brains and not with his hands." - Michelangelo

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Is that a Dagger?

("Is that a Dagger that I see before me?", C.nick Arach, 2010)


This drawing was inspired by the dagger scene from Macbeth:

"MACBETH: Is this a dagger which I see before me,

The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.


Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible

To feeling as to sight? Or art thou but


A dagger of the mind, a false creation,

Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?


I see thee yet, in form as palpable

As this which now I draw."


*Notice how the frame tells the story up until that point.



















































You can find the painted version here.


C.nick Arach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts