Ceud Mìle Fàilte

“Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better." - Andre Gide

"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." -Winston Churchill

"A man paints with his brains and not with his hands." - Michelangelo

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sidewalk of Knots by C.nick

Sidewalk of Knots
So this is my Celtic knotwork done with sidewalk chalk, charcoal and soft pastels. I got a book about Celtic knots at the library and decided that a sidewalk would be the perfect place to practice this art form. I found that it was very open regarding space and let me think about manging space in ways that were different than how I manage it on paper. It took about three evenings to create and there was a minor mishap with water but for all that it turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts